Instagram

Tuesday 31 January 2017

Breast Feeding and Express Feeding - Lansinoh Breast Pump




So the baby is 6 and half weeks now and since she has been born I have breastfed. I breastfed both the boys also for 7/8 months, and this time I was in two minds whether to but, I felt like if they got it so should she. I felt a sense of guilt if I didn't but,
I know that she will get a lot more nutrients from it that formula cant give so that is one of the reasons why I have continued. Although I am not solely breastfeeding, I am also mix feeding as she is extremely greedy, Im using cow and gate to top up but the hungry baby formula because shes a little fatty!

Im not really enjoying it as she is so demanding, but don't get me wrong if its not 4am and she's pulling at my boob when all I want to do is sleep, I feel a bond with her when I am feeding her this way and I love it. I really want to stop but Im going to do it till she is three months. Its so exhausting and sore! the pain has only recently starting to die down but the sensitivity on the nipples now I really can't stand.

Breastfeeding is not for everyone and if you decide not to there is nothing wrong with it. I cant stand the feeling that some midwives give you, like your terrible for deciding not to do it. I feel like they really put pressure on you and if you reply with you are bottle feeding, its like a disgusted response from them! 

In the first stages of breastfeeding once the milk finally comes, It is definitely painful and uncomfortable I was leaking every minute of the day, so I decided to express and leave the bottles in the fridge. 

Expressing is good as its like a relief of emptying milk especially in the beginning as all a newborn baby does is sleep so you cant empty them straight away, and secondly it encourage the breasts to keep producing more milk.

So I purchased the Lansinoh electric breast pump. I had never used an electric pump before only a manual one and once I used that I didn't understand why I didn't have one of these years ago.



Electric pumps can vary in price but I saw a lot of good reviews for this one and it is still a reasonable cost. I got this one from Toys 'r' us in the baby section. 

This pump is for home use or on the go if need be as it has plug in option or batteries.

The good thing about this pump is that the electrical settings allow the nipple to ease into the suction for you to get use to it before it begins to really suck hard. It mimics the babies natural feeding pattern. In the beginning this felt much better than the baby actually latching on so that was a bonus.

It also has settings for you to increase or decrease pressure so it suits you and your comfortable.

It is so easy to clean too and only the bottle and where you breast sits needs to be cleaned as it has a closed system to prevent milk entering the thin tube which would be quite hard to clean and a hygiene issue.

The only con I would say is that you need to keep it in position at all times other wise the milk will drip out from the suction pad. I put a muslim cloth underneath rested on me incase this happens.


     The Box Contains

1 x Pump unit 
1 x Ac Adapter/Power Cord 
1 x Breast Cushion Body 
1 x Tubing 
1 x Pump Connector 
 1 x Breast Cone 
1 x ComfortFitTM Silicone Breast Cushion 
1 x Diaphragm 
 1 x Diaphragm Cap 
 2 x White Valve 
1 x 160ml Container 
1 x Container Ring 
 1 x Sealing Disk 
1 x Bottle Holder 
1 x NaturalWaveTM Teat 
1 x Bottle cap 

Below is also a nipple cream from the same company. In all honesty it is worth the £10, it definitely helps the cracks in your nipples and is safe to have on while feeding the baby. Just keep applying after every feed.

I have also posted a vlog on youtube on a handy tip for beginning breastfeeding as that when its the hardest and most painful time especially if the baby is not latching on properly. I have posted it below but please visit the Channel and like and subscribe Here!

Hope this helps xXx







picture at the top from :https://twitter.com/mothersmilkcoop
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© HAYLEY MARN. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig