Instagram

Friday 12 May 2017

Baby Ear Piercing


So last week we pierced the baby's ears!.....



I was excited and nervous both at the same time as I know she would look so cute but, watching and seeing her in pain just felt heartbreaking.

I had asked the baby nurses at my doctors and nobody objected, one even told me in her country they pierce there and then in the hospital once born!

I looked around at a few places to go and made my decision with Claire's Accessories.

With Claires, your baby needs to be at least four months and its has to be no sooner than 15 days after your babies last immunisations. They also ask for your red book to see proof of this. This made me feel more of a kind of security and more relaxed to go with them due to their rules, which made me feel like bubba would be in safe professional hands.

I had to fill out a consent form and then sign it. We then had to pick out a stud for the babies ears.
They only use real gold on babies which of course is what I would of opted for anyway. It starts from 9ct to 24ct in yellow or white gold and the studs start from 3mm. Prices start from £40.

Unfortunately I was not allowed to film or take pictures of it to show you guys.

The lady marked up her ears with a pen and asked us to check if we was happy with the markings before she proceeded.

Her ears were wiped clean first. Because I felt so guilty I couldn't hold her so her nanny held her while they did it. Her head had to be held while the lady did it. The first piercing went in and she let out a scream. I literally wanted to cry! and then, it was like she knew what was coming again for the second piercing so she started crying even more :(
It was definitely quick and a few minutes after baby girl was fine and back to her normal self.

We was then provided with aftercare advice and a solution that needs to be used three times a day for three weeks.

The studs can be changed after three weeks but I am going to wait 6 months before I do so.

She had a bottle about 20 minutes before hand so she slept nicely in the car after that. she wasn't ratty or irritated after.

I'ts not everybody's preference to pierce their baby's ears and thats fine. I just prefer for my little girl to have it done.

She looks super cute!!! (well she did anyway haha) I will upload a pic for you guys later!

H xx


SHARE:

3 comments

© HAYLEY MARN. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig