Instagram

Wednesday 12 July 2017

Throw back Thursday School Cake Recipe



So the other day I posted on my Insta story, that I baked a cake with the boys. It was the old school traybake cake you use to get in school.. oh how so long ago was that.. care free and no responsibility (sighs)....




I got so many messages asking for the recipe, So I have made a post just for you guys..
*Disclaimer* I am not a professional chef or baker, so my presentation and method may not be correct, I am just showing you what I did myself. This worked for me, it may not look so pretty but it taste so damn good...

Ingredients

200g self raising flour
1/2tsp baking powder
200g margarine/butter
175g caster sugar
3 L eggs
1tsp of vanilla extract

Icing sugar
Sprinkles

Disposable tray bake
Greaseproof paper
Electric whisk

I added all the ingredients into a mixing bowl and used an electric whisk to mix, until I got a thick mixture.



Once mixed up properly I added it into a rectangle bake tray. I placed a sheet of grease proof paper inside. Once I poured in, I did my best to spread evenly, as I don't have the right utensils I used a large spoon.



I preheated my oven at 160 degrees and placed in the oven. after about 25 minutes I kept checking the cake. Once it looked golden I took it out.



once cooled properly (If you don't wait the icing will seep in) I Mixed up the icing sugar to a thick consistency. Spread over the top and added the sprinkles. I don't have exact measurements I just played it by ear.

So easy so simple.. Iv already made it twice this week. (diet out the window)



Happy Baking xxx
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© HAYLEY MARN. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig